Mathematics is the permeating language of science that unveils patterns and relationships in numbers, space and change in order to translate between theory and reality.
Depending on the level of mathematics, students will learn from a wide spectrum of concepts including consumer arithmetic, polynomials, circle geometry, calculus, mechanics and complex numbers.
At Hero Education, we take a structured approach in teaching mathematics and attempt to make abstract concepts as concrete as possible. Rather than just copying solutions off the board question after question, our students are taught to understand each new concept or method which is then mastered through practice.
Hero Education offers the following mathematics topics:
YEAR 11 (NEW SYLLABUS)
- Properties and Structure of Matter
- Introduction to Quantitative Chemistry
- Reactive Chemistry
- Drivers of Reactions
- The Production of Materials
- The Acidic Environment
- Chemical Monitoring and Management
- Option: Industrial Chemistry
- Option: Shipwrecks, Conservation and Corrosion
- Option: Chemistry of Art (tentative)